To provide specialized support and coaching services related to math instruction at elementary schools to achieve district goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of teaching and learning processes. Knowledge of the program area of responsibility. Knowledge of organization and management theory and practice. Knowledge and commitment to decentralized decision-making and accountability for results that facilitate creative processes toward achievement of district goals. Knowledge of math education theory and practice. Ability to work and communicate effectively with people to focus resources (both human and financial) toward the achievement of district goals. Ability to facilitate group processes in consensus building, conflict resolution, planning and decision making. Understands that quality teaching and learning are the essential processes and product of public schools and has the ability to focus human and financial resources toward this goal. Experience with the OCPS framework of coaching support and training such as; Modeling, Co-Teaching, Co-Facilitating, Asking Question and Providing Feedback.
REPORTS TO: Senior Administrator, Elementary Math/ Director, Curriculum and Instruction.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT:
Machines, tools, equipment, electronic devices, vehicles, etc., used in this position. Telephone, Computer, (Personal Computer and Mainframe), Automobile, Copier
Describes physical conditions of this position.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
Physical activities of this position. Percent of a typical day involved in each applicable activity is noted.
70 Sitting: Resting with the body supported by the buttocks or thighs.
10 Standing: Assuming an upright position on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
10 Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
5 Bending: Lowering the body forward from the waist.
5 Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
5 Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position through the use of the upper extremities and back muscles exerting up to 10 pounds of force.
80 Finger Dexterity: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm.
70 Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
90 Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed accurately, loudly or quickly.
90 Hearing Acuity: The ability to perceive speech and other environmental sounds at normal loudness levels.
90 Visual Acuity: The power to see at a level which allows reading of numbers and text, operation of equipment, inspection of machines, etc.
Note: Will total more than 100 percent as several activities may be performed at one time.
Conditions the worker will be subject to in this position.
Indoors and Outdoors: The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
* Manifest a professional code of ethics and values.
* Respond to internal and external customers in a timely, accurate, courteous and empathetic manner representing OCPS in a positive light.
* Model the routine, intentional and effective use of technology in daily work, including communications, organization and management tasks.
* Develop and provide support to schools, both centrally and site-based.
* Provide support and expertise as requested by schools, learning communities for elementary math.
* Keep the Senior Administrator, Elementary Math/Director, Curriculum informed of current critical issues and incidents about which s/he should be aware.
* Coordinate activities associated with districtwide consistency within their discipline(s).
* Provide district leadership regarding current trends, best practices and promising innovations in educational programs and processes or in areas of assigned responsibility.
* Assist instructors to increase the effectiveness of standards-based instruction in elementary math.
* Model appropriate strategies to help build capacity with school and district based staff in the areas of consulting, collaboration and coaching.
* Responsible for conducting ongoing district-wide professional development in the area of content expertise listed.
* Responsible for conducting school based professional development, as requested, in the area of content expertise listed.
* Responsible for training school based staff on district approved enterprise systems and materials that impact student learning.
* Follow the district’s policies and procedures as related to all HRMD guidelines and the district’s instructional initiatives.
* Follow the district’s policies and procedures as related to fixed assets.
* Develop leadership in subordinates.
* Responsible for keeping up to date on current technology being used by OCPS. With the support of the district, attends training to ensure skill level in various technologies is at the level required to perform in current position.
* Responsible for maintaining timely and accurate information and accountable for the quality of information maintained by those they supervise.
* Responsible for self-development and keeping up to date on current research, trends and best practices relevant to the area of responsibility.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
* Essential Performance Responsibilities
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Non-bargaining unit compensation plan, twelve months, 8.0 hours per day.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.