To provide expertise and access to district services in the areas of accountability, data and reporting strategies, and continuous improvement initiatives to assist school and district leaders with achieving district goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated knowledge of data management, analysis, and reporting strategies. Demonstrated knowledge of data validation and analysis, as well as the interpretation of results. Demonstrated experience in the use of computer applications and statistical analysis software (SPSS and STATA preferred). Demonstrated skill in writing and presenting data in a variety of formats to internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrated experience in the presentation of data and processes to groups such as administrators, teachers, support staff, parents, and members of the community. Demonstrated ability to independently plan, execute, and monitor completion of tasks and projects according to established timelines with minimal supervision. Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrated ability in planning, developing, implementing, and monitoring processes related to accountability and continuous improvement initiatives in compliance with local, state, and federal requirements. Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in priorities and work assignments. Demonstrated ability to collaborate between school and district leadership to facilitate group processes in consensus building, conflict resolution, planning, and decision-making to develop goals.
REPORTS TO: Director, Accountability and Improvement
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT:
Machines, tools, equipment, electronic devices, vehicles, etc., used in this position. Telephone, Computer, (Personal Computer and Mainframe), Automobile, Copier.
Describes physical conditions of this position.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated as Light Work.
Physical activities of this position. Percent of a typical day involved in each applicable activity is noted.
70 Sitting: Resting with the body supported by the buttocks or thighs.
10 Standing: Assuming an upright position on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
10 Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances.
5 Bending: Lowering the body forward from the waist.
5 Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
5 Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position through the use of the upper extremities and back muscles exerting up to 10 pounds of force.
80 Finger Dexterity: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm.
70 Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
90 Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed accurately, loudly or quickly.
90 Hearing Acuity: The ability to perceive speech and other environmental sounds at normal loudness levels.
90 Visual Acuity: The power to see at a level which allows reading of numbers and text, operation of equipment, inspection of machines, etc.
Note: Will total more than 100 percent as several activities may be performed at one time.
Conditions the worker will be subject to in this position.
Indoors and Outdoors: The worker is subject to both environmental conditions. Activities occur inside and outside.
* Manifest a professional code of ethics and values.
* Respond to internal and external stakeholders in a timely, accurate, courteous, and empathetic manner representing OCPS in a positive light.
* Model the routine, intentional, and effective use of technology in daily work including communications, organization, and management tasks.
* Maintain high levels of proficiency with technology applications and statistical software used by the district and required to perform in current position.
* Provide a system of support by developing and implementing processes to assist district departments, area offices, and schools with accountability, data and reporting strategies, continuous improvement initiatives, and job-embedded professional development.
* Execute district, state, and federal policies and procedures, and communicate requirements to district departments, area offices, and schools in a clear and intelligible manner.
* Analyze, interpret, and use data to regularly monitor the progress toward district goals.
* Execute and monitor school accountability processes to include regular updates of accountability changes to district and school personnel through a variety of forms in a focused way that can be adequately addressed in the time available.
* Ensure that updated documentation is produced and available for all processes directly related to areas of responsibility as identified by the supervisor(s).
* Manage assigned projects and maintain timely and accurate information.
* Provide leadership in working with district departments, area offices, and schools to identify and monitor practices and processes that achieve outcomes that support the district’s model of instruction.
* Monitor the district strategic plan (e.g., scorecards and extended scorecards) and continuous improvement data to support school and district leaders in the creation of their growth plans and evaluations.
* Support and monitor clear and measurable goals for all relevant areas of responsibility that are focused on critical needs for improving student achievement and the needed operational support within the district.
* Provide job-embedded professional development through sharing information and providing expertise regarding current trends and best practices that are directly related to performance responsibilities with supervisor guidance.
* Support and retain school and department leaders who continually enhance their leadership skills through reflection and professional growth.
* Keep the supervisor and other key people informed of critical issues about which they should be aware.
* Follow the district’s policies and procedures as related to all HRMD guidelines and the district’s instructional initiatives.
* Follow the district’s policies and procedures as related to fixed assets.
* Develop leadership in subordinates.
* Responsible for keeping up to date on current technology being used by OCPS. With the support of the district, attends training to ensure skill level in various technologies is at the level required to perform in current position.
* Responsible for maintaining timely and accurate information and accountable for the quality of information maintained by those they supervise.
* Responsible for self-development and keeping up to date on current research, trends and best practices relevant to the area of responsibility.
* Essential Performance Responsibilities
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Non-bargaining unit compensation plan, twelve months, 8.0 hours per day.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of personnel.